Terms and Conditions
By visiting or shopping at this website, you accept the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
* Items must be returned within 14 days of receipt and notified by email.
* Return postage is not covered by Purple Marine (this does not affect your statutory rights)
* No returns are accepted for used items (this does not affect your statutory rights)
* Returned clothing will not be subject to a re-stocking charge.
* All electronic goods returned will be subject to a 10% re-testing charge. We reserve the right to refuse returns on special orders or electronics that have been programmed by the customer, registered or used in any way.
* All non-clothing related items may be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee. This excludes order values over £250 which is subject to a fee determined at our discretion.
* Safety related items will not normally be accepted for return - this includes (but is not limited to) flares, buoyancy bags, gas inflated life jackets. Should such a return be accepted - we may have to pass on the charge of it being inspected/retested by the manufacturer.
* We cannot accept returns of used items, special orders, spars, products cut to order (roughly anything supplied on a per meter basis i.e. rope, wire etc).
* All items must be returned in the original containers and with original labels.
* Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer for your approval. You will never be charged until goods are despatched.
* Damage in transit must be advised within 24 hours of receipt.
* Non delivery or short delivery must be advised within 3 days of despatch
* For long/bulky items please advise us of any deadline or special delivery instructions, since this may not be possible. Any item over 100cm is excluded by all carriers for delivery time guarantees i.e. delivery times cannot be guatanteed for long items.
* Ropes and Boat Covers are classed as perishable goods and are excluded from normal product warranty unless specifically noted otherwise.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of this site's owner or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of this site's owner and protected by UK and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this site's owner or its software suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND ARE MADE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE'S OWNER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THIS SITE'S OWNER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS OR E-MAIL SENT FROM THIS SITE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THIS SITE'S OWNER WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
a) In these Terms and Conditions of Business the word ‘Company’ shall mean Purple Marine, ‘Buyer’ shall mean the customer of Purple Marine and ‘consignment’ shall mean goods in transit from the Company.
b) Whether a purchase is made by mail order, telephone or counter sale, all goods are supplied to the Buyer on the following terms which shall prevail over any terms or conditions stipulated by the Buyer whether or not the same expressed to override these terms and no person in the employment of, or acting as agent of the Company has authority to accept orders which vary these terms in any way whatsoever.
2) Carriage, Delivery and Performance
a) If delivery of the consignment is refused or not collected by the Buyer and is returned to the Company, the Buyer will be responsible for return charges. In the case of delivery by a carrier, this can be expensive.
b) Claims of non-delivery must be notified to the Company in writing within 3 days.
c) Any despatch date is given in good faith and is approximate and is not an essential term of the contract. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of profit) arising out of late delivery.
d) Reasonable part-consignment and slight deviations, for example in respect of colour etc shall be admissible.
e) Long/bulky items may be subject to extended delivery times due to availability of a suitable vehicle.
f) Receipt of Delivery
i) The Buyer shall be responsible for arrangements for receipt and checking of Consignments and such persons shall be the nominee of the Buyer.
g) Claused Signatures
i) The endorsement of the words ‘not checked’ or ‘unexamined’ (or different words to the same effect) on a delivery note shall not render the Company liable for any shortage or damage subsequently discovered.
h) Order processing: Every effort will be made to supply equipment described by the Buyer. However, the Company accepts no responsibility when:
i) Manufacturers part numbers or non Company part numbers are provided.
ii) Details shown on a quotation or order confirmation are not checked by the Buyer or the opportunity to receive one is declined by the Buyer.
a) The Company warranties that goods will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of 12 months. The Company will at its option, repair or replace the goods which are returned to the Company by the Buyer and which the Company is satisfied are defective, provided always that the Company shall be under no liability for:-
i) Any consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
ii) Any defect judged by the Company to be caused by fair wear and tear or by the improper handling of the goods or by anyone other than the Company.
iii) Subject as aforesaid all express or implied warranties or conditions statutory or otherwise as to quality or fitness are hereby expressly excluded.
iv) Return delivery costs.
v) Use outside the United Kingdom.
vi) Boat Covers and Ropes due to sun damage or none standard or unreasonable usage.
4) Prices, Quotations and Payment
a) Goods will be invoiced at the prices ruling at the date of despatch. The Company reserves the right to alter or withdraw its price lists and/or specifications at any time without previous notice.
i) Whilst all efforts are made to ensure accuracy of description, specifications and pricing there may be occasions where errors arise. Should such a situation occur the company cannot accept your order. In the event of a mistake, you will be contacted with a full explanation and a corrected offer for your approval. You will never be charged until goods are despatched.
ii) Unless otherwise specifically stated - written quotes are valid for 7 days; verbal quotations are valid for 1 day.
b) The Company’s standard terms of payment are cash with order, or against pro-forma invoice, or by cash against documents, sight draft or irrevocable letter of credit in respect of export orders.
c) The Company may at it’s discretion offer credit terms subject to the following terms:-
d) Payment is received by the Company within number of days advised on notice.
e) Orders from Buyers whose accounts are overdue will be withheld until payment of the overdue amount is received.
f) The Company will at its discretion charge interest at the rate of 3% per month on any overdue account from the due date.
g) The Buyer is responsible for any costs made to the Company in respect of the following:-
i) Charges made by Debt Collecting Agency
ii) Bank charges and administration associated with unpaid cheques
5) Retention of Title
a) The property in all goods supplied shall remain vested in the Company until it is shown by the Buyer that the full price of such goods has been paid to the Company.
6) Returns and Exchanges
a) Goods returned must be in new and unused and unmarked condition with manufacturer’s labels still attached and should be accompanied by a copy of the invoice or advice note.
b) No return or exchange will be accepted after 14 days from the date of Invoice or for items made or cut to order.
c) The buyer shall be responsible for packing, insurance and carriage costs of returned goods. If returning goods by the Post Office we recommend you obtain a "Certificate of Posting" or equivalent which is required to cover Post Office damage or loss.
d) Return of used items, special orders, spars, products cut to order, safety items (flares, buoyancy bags etc), sails will not be accepted.
e) Return goods accepted and subsequently returned to stock will be subject to a discretionary10% restocking fee (this excludes clothing exchanges). This excludes order values over £250 which is subject to a fee which is determined at our discretion.
f) The Company reserves the right to decline the return of an order made for the purposes of evaluation, fraud, inappropriate business activity or any reasonable reason given by the Company.
a) The purchase of goods and/or services shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and both parties accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.